COVID UPDATE; All services are now available!
Our massage therapists perform therapeutic massages to get to the root of your aches and pains. This strategy is vital for muscular injuries and taking tension out of the body, aiding in recovery. This is not only beneficial for reducing tightness throughout the body but essential for managing soft tissue injuries.
Nicole skated with Team Canada synchronized skating, won a silver medal at Worlds in 2012/2013, and chose to be a Registered Massage Therapist because she loves anatomy and hates math. She is by far the most awkward member of our team, but in a fun, charming way. Ask her about being the goblin friend.
Areas of Passion:
1. Low Back + Hips: Nicole understands these two areas go hand-in-hand when it comes to effective soft tissue release. She values working on more than just the problem area, but also addressing the contributing factors when it’s comes to low back and/or hip pain.
2. Lower Body: Lower extremity pain can be stemming from a multitude of areas. Nicole is passionate about addressing many areas in the lower body in order to pin point the source of your complaints. This area often snowballs off of the hip and low back pain and can be a contributor as well.
3. Artistic Athletes: As Nicole is also a figure skater currently, she is able to understand the complex areas of the sport and what is specifically concerning to you during your practice time. Gymnasts and dancers have similar movement patterns that she is familiar with and can relate to in order to address your concerns.
Abby is a collegiate volleyball player who is passionate about helping individuals in their rehabilitation journey and getting them back to their peak performance. Although she’s not funny, Abby makes a great contribution to the team as a laugh track.
Areas of Passion:
1. Concussions: Abby can provide an empathetic approach due to personal experience affecting her athletic career, and an eagerness to get you back to sport as effectively as possible.
2. Headaches/Migraines: Abby understands the impact that headaches and migraines can have on your daily life and wants to get you back to your maximum potential!
3. Postural Issues: Recognizing postural imbalances are common, Abby is passionate about the importance in addressing these issues to prevent further problems from arising.
4. Overhead Athletes: With an extensive history in overhead sport(volleyball), Abby is easily able to relate to the complexity of shoulder injuries and enjoys working with these athletes.
Gillian has a background in emergency medicine and made the change to massage therapy to help people pursue wellness before they are in a crisis. Having undergone two reconstructive knee surgeries herself, Gillian understands the importance of having a strong team supporting recovery and would love to be part of your journey. All of Gillian’s sense of humour can be traced back to the movies she watches.
Areas of Passion:
1. Women’s Health: Helping women deal with the added fatigue, stress, and physical changes associated with pregnancy and post-partum is a priority for Gillian. Her techniques support physical health as the body experiences momentous changes, as well as provide relaxation and stress relief.
2. Lower Leg: Gillian believes that the intricate workings of the feet, ankles, and lower legs are foundational for all movement and a key to keeping people active.
3. Small Joints: Feet, ankles, wrists, elbows - Gillian is passionate about working on smaller joints because treating them frequently yields surprising results as they can alleviate compensatory issues in areas throughout the body.
Lauren is an active individual who has worked as a program’s coordinator and in customer service; she loves people and planning. She made the switch to study massage therapy after moving to Calgary and finally heeding her mum’s lifelong suggestion that she would make a great Massage Therapist. Lauren offers new insight of recent learning and her treatment approach is of superior quality. Discovering how much she loves her new career path means she will never live down that her mum was right all along.
Areas of Passion:
1. Postural alignment: Lauren believes in treating the body as an entire system that works together. By treating postural misalignment conditions such as upper and lower crossed syndrome this will result in enhancement of posture and promote better function of the whole system.
2. Sports Rehabilitation: As an avid hockey player and marathon runner, the benefits of massage therapy to assist in recuperation and aide in rehabilitation after injury are immeasurable. Lauren is passionate about treating to promote restoration and recovery of previous or current injuries, and further stimulate increased function for the moving body.
3. Core and Lower Limbs: The core muscles, thighs, legs and feet are the body’s biggest components in maintaining proper posture and alignment. It is their literal job to support you! By establishing regular massage therapy treatment sessions, focusing on these structures, results are extremely beneficial and treatment outcomes include improved alignment and increased function.